At Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula, we try to best match skills, interests, availability, and desired time commitment to the opportunities we have available to best achieve our mission.
- Must be at least 18 years or older to volunteer in our Clubs
- Must pass screening for criminal background check and national sex offender searches
- Provides opportunities to attend local events within your local community
- A chance to learn new skills through hands on experience
- Allows for individual gratification by knowing that you are positively impacting local youth
- What is the Screening Process? Our Screening Process is in place to help us place skilled and motivated individuals into volunteer opportunities.
- What happens once I submit my completed application? Your application will be reviewed, which includes running a background check and national sex offender search. If passed, you will be contacted to schedule an interview date and time.
- What is a Pre-Service Orientation? This is a time when volunteers get to learn our policies and procedures to help ensure safety and efficiency in our Clubs.
BGCVP is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law. Our tax identification number is 54-0538202.
Newport News, VA 23606