Make a lasting impression on the Virginia Peninsula and surrounding communities by providing youth the skills and encouragement to graduate from high school with a plan for the future to live as healthy and productive citizens.
Make a greater impact by making a monthly donation.
Include Boys & Girls Clubs of America in your estate planning.
Honor & Memorial
Honor someone special with a donation in their name.
To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
BGCVP’s Quality Standards – Our Top Priorities
- Environment of safety and protection.
- Treat confidential information appropriately.
- Facilities are clean, orderly, and organized.
- Show kindness to all.
- Prioritize personal relationships and emotional connections.
- Recognize and thank above and beyond expectations; Reward frequently.
- Allow and encourage involvement.
- Value accomplishments and share progress.
- We work for or with kids! Create a positive, happy atmosphere that encourages people to enjoy themselves.
- Develop a magnetic culture that others want to join.
- While this is serious work, don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Remember why you started working for Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Effectively work toward the organization’s mission.
- Timely communication: Phone and e-mail responses, thank you letters, member or donor needs.
- Make it easy to volunteer, join as a member, donate, or get involved in multiple ways.
- Remain organized.
- Be informed on all aspects of the organization to properly address a situation.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Club Volunteers are motivated, caring, and skilled individuals that dedicate their time in our Clubs. This position can vary from assisting with our STEM program, sports coaching, arts & crafts, and tutoring.
To coordinate a time to volunteer in our Clubs, please reach out to Chanda Bowie at [email protected]
Special Event Volunteer
As an organization, we host various events that require the time and effort of many volunteers to execute successfully.
If you would like to volunteer to help at a special event, please reach out to Madison Owens at [email protected].
Service Projects Volunteer
A volunteer or group of volunteers that wish to support BGCVP through a service project. This could be achieved by beautifying Club locations or enjoying activities in Clubs with our kids.
To coordinate a service project, please reach out to Chanda Bowie at [email protected]
Schedule A Tour
Be An Advocate
Advocacy is important to all non-profits. We need people to learn about our work and why it’s critical. Currently, we serve 5,000 children, ages 6-18, across the Peninsula. Nationally, 54% of alumni say that the Club saved their lives. Share our story to make a difference in other children’s lives.